All Instrukt setup is done in the app. Open Instrukt on your mobile device and log in using the owner or manager account you created for your studio.
Set your Studio Class Types
You can read about how Instrukt uses Class Types here.
Your 'Set Studio Class Types’ setting determines which class types are visible to you when setting up your instructors and classes. Limiting the visible class types to only those you will use to setup your studio simplifies your setup process.
- Tap on the 3-bar menu button in the upper left corner of the screen and tap on settings.
- Tap on ‘Set Studio Class Types’
- Select the class types you will use to categorize your classes into different groups for instructor sub eligibility. Class types are selected when there is a check mark next to them.
- When you have selected the class types you need, tap on the back arrow to exit the menu.
Setup your classes
- From the settings menu, tap on ‘Classes’. This list is populated with classes that are scheduled at your studio.
- Tap on a class
- Tap on ‘Edit’
- Select a class type(s) to assign to the class. For an instructor to be eligible to sub this class, they will need to have the same class type(s) assigned to them. We’ll assign class types to instructors next.
- Tap on ‘Done’
- Select the next class and setup class types.
Classes that have had class types assigned to them will be moved to the ‘Active’ list at the bottom of the screen. Only Active classes can be subbed.
Setup your instructors
Inviting your instructors links their instructor profile in your MINDBODY account to their Instrukt user account. Instructors who already use Instrukt at another studio do not need to create a new Instrukt account. They can join your Instrukt team using the account they already have.
- From the settings menu, tap on ‘Instructors’
- Tap on an instructor's name to open their profile screen.
- The email address you have in MINDBODY for the instructor is populated in the email field at the bottom of the screen. If the email address is correct, tap ‘SEND INVITE’. If it needs to be updated, tap on it to edit, then tap send.
- After the invite is sent select the class types the instructor is approved to teach
- If you have multiple locations under one siteID, tap on ‘locations’ at the top of the list and select the locations where the instructor is approved to sub classes.
- Tap on ‘Done’
- In the instructor’s profile view, verify that the correct class types and locations have been selected.
- Continue this process for all instructors you will be inviting to your Instrukt team.
- If you are an owner who also teaches classes, invite yourself at set class types using the same process. This will link your MINDBODY instructor profile to your Instrukt account.
When you send an invite, your instructors will receive an email that includes a link to download Instrukt and a button to accept the invite. The invite must be accepted when viewing the email on the instructors' mobile device with Instrukt installed. When your instructors accept their invite, and class types and locations have been set for the instructor, they will be ‘Active’ and their setup is complete.
If your instructors create their Instrukt account using the same email address you send the invite to, they can accept the invite in the Instrukt app and ignore the accept invite button in the email.